Teen Summer Employment Opportunities
Boley Summer Youth Intern Program
16-21 years old
Pinellas Opportunity Council Summer Development Program
14-17 years Old
*Must have completed 9th grade
PAL Employment Opportunities
Afterschool Site SMIC
Summer Camp Counselor - Grades 1-5
Summer Camp Counselor - Teens
Please submit a resume and the Employment Questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Employment Opportunities
If you are a motivated young adult ages 17 to 24 you can earn up to $5,000 in cash incentives while earning your high school diploma or GED, learn the construction and other trades, and receive industry certifications!!
Tampa Bay YouthBuild sets you on the path to:
- Earn your HS Diploma or GED
- Gain job skills, certificates, and build a resume
- Becoming employed
- Preparing for post-secondary education
- Receive training in Construction, IT, Manufacturing, and Hospitality trades
- Earn money through cash incentives
- Become part of a supportive family system
Services are based upon eligibility criteria under DOL YouthBuild guidance. Support documentation may be required. For young adults, 17 to 24 years of age, who meet the following:
- A school dropout (priority given to a school dropout under YouthBuild).
- Students must be committed to being drug free and participate in random drug testing throughout the admissions process and the school year.
- A Pinellas county resident
- Between the ages of 17 years to 24 years
- A U.S. Citizen or current Authorization to Work in the U.S.
- Low Income Eligibility or meet a YouthBuild Barrier
- Youth or household receives TANF (welfare) or received over the last 6 months
- Youth or household receives food assistance benefits (SNAP) or received over the last 6 months
- Youth or household receives Supplemental Security Income benefits (SSI) or received over the last 6 months
- A foster care youth or aged out foster care youth receiving federal assistance
- Household income under an income cap based on family size
LLSIL Chart Effective Date: April 22, 2016
|Family Size||70% LLSIL 2016|
|Additionals||$5,016 per person|
|**NOTE: Poverty standard used for Family of 1 and 2|
A YouthBuild applicant must be low income OR meet one of the following YouthBuild barriers:
- Have a documented disability
- Be a youthful offender or working with DJJ
- Be the child of incarcerated parent(s)
- Be the child of a Migrant Seasonal Farm Worker
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Contact the YouthBuild customer service line (727) 608-2546 or YouthBuild email at email@example.com.
- Stop by the Science Center between 8 am to 4:30 pm at 7701 22nd Ave N., St. Petersburg 33710 for an application and schedule an intake.
- Contact Huey T. Nguyen, Program Coordinator, at (727) 608-2515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.